Introduction to Galaxy and the Genomics Virtual Laboratory
This beginners tutorial will introduce Galaxy’s interface, tool use, histories, and get new users of the Genomics Virtual Laboratory up and running.
Galaxy is an open source, web-based platform for accessible, reproducible, and transparent computational biomedical research. It allows users without programming experience to easily specify parameters and run individual tools as well as larger workflows. It also captures run information so that any user can repeat and understand a complete computational analysis. Finally, it allows users to share and publish analyses via the web.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- login to a Galaxy Australia server.
- upload data to a Galaxy server from:
- A file on your local computer
- A file on a remote datastore with an accessible URL.
- use tools in Galaxy by:
- Accessing the tool via the tool menu
- Using the tool interface to run the particular tool
- Viewing/accessing the tool output.
This is a hands-on workshop and attendees should bring their own laptops.