Affecting: Barcoo, Snowy
This is notification of a full systems outage to be held between Monday 9th October 2017 at 9:00AM and Wednesday 11th October 2017 at 5:00PM.
Details of the Melbourne Bioinformatics planned outage:
- There will be no access to any Melbourne Bioinformatics computers or data. Please ensure you have any data you need beforehand.
- Any connection to Melbourne Bioinformatics computers (i.e. ssh, screen, scp sessions) still active at 9:00AM on 9th October will be terminated.
- Jobs will not be scheduled to run during this time. Scheduled jobs will be eligible once the systems resume.
- Maintenance reservations have been placed on all clusters to ensure that all compute nodes will be idle during the downtime. Only jobs that can complete by the time the reservations begin will run. Any jobs needing too much time to run prior to the reservations will remain in pending state.
- The outage will be used to upgrade software packages across the entire infrastructure.
- The Help system (email@example.com) and the website (https://www.melbournebioinformatics.org.au/) will still be available.